"Be the change you want to see in the world." |
Review of recent court action
Revolution in Egypt, Nonviolence, Gandhi influence and critique
Long-time peace activist, Bernie Meyer dressed in traditional dhoti with walking stick, brings you the legendary, Mahatma Gandhi. As Gandhi, he has traveled throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, as well as India, where he has been lovingly dubbed, "The American Gandhi."
"Now, more than ever, is Gandhi's message needed," says Bernie. "With all the violence in the world, the destruction of nature and depletion of resources, we are risking all life on Mother Earth. I want to bring together the wisdom of the East and the science of the West with the hope that we will create sustaining, peaceful communities. Gandhi shows us the way. We can 'be the change' we want."
Portrayals, Presentations, Training
- Bernie portrays the historic Gandhi in six scenes for general audiences.
- For specific audiences he presents Gandhi's principles applied to world peace today.
- During his presentations, Bernie weaves together Gandhi's messages regarding human dignity, spirituality, politics, economics, community, world peace, faith, interdependence, forgiveness, and much more.
- For education and training venues, Bernie presents the latest insights into the roots of violence. As a nonviolence trainer, he offers experiential exercises.
- Bernie has led Salt Walks in the USA and taken Gandhi's presence to the highways and byways.
- In India, Bernie speaks "as Gandhi."
Venues: Schools, Universities, Churches, Study Groups, Community Gatherings, Conferences, Retreats, Trainings in Nonviolence.