"join us in caring for our quality of life..." |
TCAT is currently collaborating on several area activities to promote climate action:
- Thurston Energy: TCAT wrote the $1M grant proposal which got this very successful Thurston Economic Development Council program started. We played an active role in guiding the project during its first two years of operation, and currently serve in an advisory capacity for the program. Click here for more information on this program, and the positive impact it has had on energy, jobs and cost savings for Thurston County.
- Energy Advisory Committee: Representatives of local government, Puget Sound Energy, the financial community and others have joined our Energy Advisory Committee to consider county-wide energy goals and other ways of collaborating to improve conservation and the use of renewable energy. TCAT organizes and facilitates the committee’s meetings.
- Sustainable Thurston: This is a three year sustainability planning program being completed by the Thurston Regional Planning Council. TCAT is represented on the Task Force and Blue Ribbon Committee on Sustainable Economic Development. We also collaborated with TRPC and others on the Energy Baseline White Paper. Click here for more information on Sustainable Thurston.
- Vision2Action Sustainability Symposium series. TCAT is collaborating with the Northwest EcoBuilding Guild, The Evergreen State College, and Thurston County to offer a series on translating vision into action in the areas of energy and the built environment. Click here Planned topics include:
- The 2012 State Energy Strategy
- The Greening of Local Building Codes – International to Local
- Valuation of Green Buildings: Nexus of Appraising & Real Estate Sales
- Designing Livable Urban Centers & Corridors