"Sacred Drum Prayer of the Heartbeat..." |
Earth's Healing Heart Drummers
My name is Bill Cote, Chal.Si.Nam.Men. In 2001 I received a vision to create a 24-hour-a-day-around-the-world-drum-prayer. With the support of many, many friends we are bringing forward that vision here.
What we believe:
- We believe it is critical at this time to return to honoring and respecting the Sacred in our Mother Earth and all of natures' creations including human beings.
- We believe that in order to fulfill our responsibility to our children it is necessary to come together "to work together" to begin to deal with some very critical issues facing all of us in the world at this time.
- We believe that by sharing the heartbeat drumming (that sound we all heard in the womb) we are reconnected to that sacred place we all know and through coming together in this space we can find solutions to the critical problems that face us and our children. We also give thanks for elders who share ancient wisdom that teachs us how to work together as human beings. We are sharing these important words of the elders for all of our benefit.
Our project includes:
- Creating a 24-hour-a-day-around-the-world-drum-prayer. Sign Up
- Making and giving away 10,000 drums for peace
- Facilitating gatherings to share the drumming for peace and the words of the elders. Along with Danny Deardorf we also want to bring together a 100,000 drums drumming event
- Network with other groups to focus the efforts and prayers of the many drum groups around the world on the needs of the earth and her human family at this time.
- Offer drum making classes and events. We want to encourage those in prison and other institutions to join this effort. We will share the drum making with all interested individuals and groups.
- Create opportunities through gatherings, books, videos, internet, trust cards, etc. to share the important words of the elders and encourage a return to an atmosphere of trust in our families, communities, and societies.
- Encourage people to join in the sacred heartbeat prayer and to find nonviolent means to withdraw our support from the elements in our world that lead to greed and a world based on power over others rather than a world based on respect for the sacredness of all who inhabit this earth.
Take a moment to check out blog at http://healingheartdrummers.blogspot.com/