"a bi-monthly journal of environmental news and commentary..."
Tumwater Unveils Eco-friendly State Office
The Attorney General’s Office dedicated its new building in Tumwater last week, hailing it as a milestone in conservation and environmental friendliness.
The building is the first privately owned state office building to meet a standard called Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Silver. Among its features:
(6-May-07) The Olympian
- 35 percent less energy consumption than normal, saving $55,000 a year.
- 57 percent less water use than normal, saving 492,000 gallons a year.
- 75 percent of the construction waste — 5,300 tons — was recycled.
- 46 percent of the material costs were for regionally manufactured products.
- 68 percent of the material costs of wood were for wood certified for forest stewardship.
Back to Home page.